Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Eureka Springs Weekend Update

I was best relaxing time ever. When I left my house and was heading towards Eureka I left all my worries and problems behind me. No Child, No dealing with his bad grades, No Jake (yellow Lab), No bills, No job. NOTHING did I take with me. It was so beautiful out; we were blessed with beautiful weather. So with a clear head and just time I enjoyed every bit of my little vacation. I met up and saw our friends from KC. Went shopping and the little stores all of Eureka. I did get a massage. Which was way over due. It had been a year and a half.

Let me tell you about my massage it was magical and beautiful. I went to the Suchness Spa. I asked for an hour massage and the lady there is so peaceful. One of the things I love that they do is having you lye on your stomach face down first. Then they bring hot water and a washcloth and they wash your feet. I was in heaven. The masseuse began working on me and I kept telling myself to relax. But I could not I had pain in the small of my back. I never had it before but it was there. So she went and had Kat come in to help. When they began to work on me. I just began to cry. Everything I had been holding in released thru my tears. Kat worked on my neck and did some reiki. The whole time I thought to myself was she an angel or am I an angel. It was something I have never experienced before. I learned later on that some interesting things about me. Even after I was thru and I came out to talk to Kat about my experience I would well up in tears. I had no clue why I was still crying but I must have a lot inside of me that I needed to get out. She told me that I am very sensitive to ours. I can feel other people and understand them inside. The other people (or people I have around me) are not in touch with my insides. I asked how she knew. She said because you let me love you. Beautiful! I love my husband and I love my friends. But most of them all are so self absorbed that it always all about them and very rarely about me. So I have found that I need to take better care of myself inside and out. I spoke with a good friend who does massages and she understood. I really need to begin meditating.

A few years back I had a massage from the same place and I came out wanting to become a masseuse. I went to all the schools in Springfield to find what school I wanted to go to. Found all the information I needed. I just needed to get the finical part down. I could not make it happen. I have a student loan in default and I can not even pay that off. Which I would need to do to even get certified. I even started a business plan. The sad thing about that adventure is that I came to the conclusion how selfish I am. I would rather receive a massage then to give a massage. But in light of my new experience I understand my thinking. I do give a lot of me. Which those around rarely see or acknowledge. If I was loved the way I was loved on the table or even come close to it. I would be beaming with energy and would want to share my love with the world. I think that I need to work on this thinking. Because the people around me is not going to change. How do you receive enough love to be able to give it away? I know you have to give to receive. But in my case I do give but never received back. I need to figure this out.

Back to my weekend. - I began a book called Marley and Me. I have yet to put it down. What is so great this book is about two people and there life with a yellow lab. Not a self help book, not a diet book, not a recipe book. Just a book to read for entertainment. We also ate very well there. I watched what I ate and had some of the best meals ever. I did splurge on some Ice cream one day. But all in all I ate great.

I did not want to come to work on Monday I did not want my long weekend to come to an end. I believe that this weekend helped me in more ways. I learned something about myself. I actually slowed down to see the true me. A glimpse that is, it’s a start.

No comments: